You represent and warrant that (a) all information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you are 18 years of age or older or have received parental consent and supervision when using this website; (c) your use of this website does not and will not violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any person; and (d) you will not attempt to violate the security of this website or any data stored on it. Your use of this website may be terminated by Rural Neighborhoods, Incorporated without warning if we believe that any of these statements are not true or for any other reason in our sole discretion.
Rural Neighborhoods, Incorporated (“RN”) is a Florida not-for-profit corporation recognized as tax-exempt under IRC § 501(c)(3). Our mission is to provide a simple decent place to live for working families, to eliminate substandard housing, overcrowding and to make rents affordable. Our objective is not just to build houses. We want to develop strong communities in which people can live and grow, be neighbors first, and then good neighbors. Rural Neighborhoods values our donors and their extraordinary efforts to support our mission. All donations, contributions and royalty payments made payable to Rural Neighborhoods, Incorporated are fully tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
RN and the individual, group or corporate entity (the “Event Organizing Group”) conducting an approved fundraiser (“Fundraising Event”) for RN are mutually desirous of entering into an agreement (“Agreement”) under the terms and conditions set forth herein.
1. RN will review the Event Organizing Group’s individual event proposal within fourteen (14) business days of submission and will notify the Event Organizing Group by email concerning approval of the Fundraising Event. RN has the right to accept or reject any proposed fundraising event in its sole discretion and for any reason.
2. Nothing in this Agreement creates a joint venture, partnership, principal-agent, employer-employee or similar relationship between RN and the Event Organizing Group, or any members of the Event Organizing Group. Event Organizing Group shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to charitable solicitations and promotions and tax obligations. This Agreement represents the entire understanding of the parties and cannot be amended or modified, except in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
3. Event Organizing Group agrees that it acquires no ownership rights in RN’s Trademarks under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Event Organizing Group agrees that RN is the sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to RN’s Trademarks and that all rights that may be acquired by the use of RN’s Trademark(s) under the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall inure to the sole benefit of RN. Event Organizing Group agrees to use the name and logo in accordance with the charitable nature of RN.
Event Organizing Group agrees that it will not challenge or otherwise interfere with RN’s exclusive ownership of RN’s Trademarks, nor seek to oppose, cancel or otherwise interfere with any trademark, service mark, trade name or domain name application or registration filed by RN with any governmental agency anywhere in the world, for use in connection with any events, goods or services whatsoever.
4. RN hereby grants the Event Organizing Group a limited, non-exclusive right to use the name “Rural Neighborhoods” and RN supplied materials featuring RN’s logo (collectively, “RN’s Trademarks”) in promotional materials related to the Fundraising Event. The Event Organizing Group may not provide RN’s Trademarks to, or authorize use of RN’s Trademarks by, any other individual or entity. You may not use RN’s Trademarks on any product intended for sale without the prior written consent of RN. RN reserves the right to revoke and refuse the use of the RN name, materials and trademarks at any time.
5. All collateral, promotional and marketing materials including, but not limited to, social media (“Marketing Materials”), relating to the Fundraising Event must meet the following standards: (a) This phrase shall appear conspicuously on entry forms or other material received by every participant, observer, or donor of the Fundraising Event: “This promotion is sponsored by the Event Organizing Group, which is solely responsible for its fulfillment. The ‘Rural Neighborhoods’ name and logo is used by permission.”; (b) state that the RN is the benefiting organization; (c) state that more information about RN may be found by visiting the website at www.ruralneighborhoods.org or by calling RN at 305-242-2142; and (d) state the actual or anticipated percent or portion of sales, admission price or other proceeds that will benefit RN.
Event Organizing Group agrees that the Fundraising Event may not involve any third party trademarks, products, persons or endorsement that may damage the reputation of RN, conflict with the mission of RN, or damage the goodwill associated with RN’s Trademarks.
6. The Event Organizing Group shall pay, and cause third parties to pay, to RN all contributions due under this Agreement no later than thirty (30) days after the end of the Fundraising Event. The event contribution may be submitted by mail to RN headquarters at Post Office Box 343529, Florida City, Florida 33034 using a Event Donation Form.
7. Event Organizing Group agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RN, its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of (a) the breach of this Agreement, (b) the performance or failure to perform its obligations in association with any Marketing Materials, (c) any third party claims that Marketing Materials used by Event Organizing Group infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any trademark, service mark, trade name, trade dress, trade secret, copyright, patent, right of publicity, right of privacy or any other intellectual property right, (d) any property damage, personal injury, or death proximately caused by Event Organizing Group at the Fundraising Event, and (e) any actions brought against RN by a regulatory agency that arise out of Event Organizing Group’s violation of any federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Event Organizing Group expressly understands and agrees RN’s insurance will not cover Event Organizing Group and any Fundraising Event held by the Event Organizing Group nor will RN be listed as an additional insured on any Fundraising Event.
8. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of each of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns; provided, however, neither party may assign or transfer (including, without limitation, by operation of law) this Agreement, including the rights and obligation hereunder, without prior written consent of the other party, and any such attempted assignment or transfer shall be null and void.
9. RN may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason in RN’s sole discretion. Event Organizing Group shall have five (5) calendar days after expiration or the earlier termination of this Agreement to sell or dispose of all Marketing Materials and items bearing RN’s Trademarks.
10. This Event Agreement and Waiver shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Disputes shall be resolved solely in the courts located in Miami-Dade County, FL.
The parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the day and year the Event Organizing Group clicks or checks “I Agree” or other similar terms on the RN website indicating the Event Organizing Group’s assent hereto.
Rural Neighborhoods reserves the right to refuse contributions from any corporate entity.